How We Safe Guard Your Information
Thanks for choosing Cherry Creek Mortgage Co. for your home financing. There is a lot at stake during the next few weeks. You will be sharing your confidential and personal information with us.
We take this trust seriously.
Because so much is at stake hackers see the real estate transaction as a lucrative target. All of us need to do our part to make sure the transaction occurs safely.
- If we must include personal information in an email, it will be through a secure and encrypted channel.
- Your data is stored in a secure data center, not on your Loan Officer’s computer.
- We protect our networks with firewalls, email filtering and Advanced Threat Protection.
- We limit access to your data to those who need access to conduct the transaction.
- We train our employees to spot suspicious activity.
What you can do to remain safe and secure during your home financing transactions.
- Do not email sensitive documents such as W2s, Tax Returns, or Paystubs. Please upload them securely to the Loan Officer’s site or ask for a secure link to deliver documents safely.
- Make sure you communicate to your Loan Officer and company via their corporate email system. Do not email to Gmail, Yahoo or AOL addresses.
- Look for signs in email that it is ‘spoofed’ or is a ‘phishing’ attempt. These are attempts by hackers to get your personal information.
- Do not click on email links from people you don’t know.
Wire Funds Instructions:
Wiring funds is a favorite target of hackers. If you receive an email instructing you to wire funds during the transaction, please independently verify by calling the number you already have for your loan officer, title company officer, or real estate agent.
Do not communicate personal information over the phone unless you initiated the phone call to a known number.